Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessings

This weekend was filled with many blessings.  I was able to attend the women's conference at my church where Vicki Dees was the key speaker.  For those of you who don't know Vicki, she has been battling a severe form of cancer for the last few months.  She spoke about what God had been teaching her through her illness and treatments.   It really was amazing.  I've known Vicki since I was in 8th grade.  I feel like I've grown up with her in my life.  Through all those years, she hasn't changed a bit.  She's still the same Godly, hilariously funny lady.  Vicki, I am so thankful for what God has taught me through you.

Not only was the conference a blessing, but so was getting to spend time with other Godly women.  My mom for one.  She came with me and also spent the weekend at my house.  It was a great time to get to talk with her and to worship beside her at the conference.  And getting to see a lot of my best friends from high school.  I was so surprised to see so many people that I grew up with.  Cherissa, Casey, Rita, Sarah, and Mandy, it was so awesome to spend time with you and we totally need to do that more often!
And on Sunday, I spent the afternoon with some girls I used to work with.  I hadn't seen them in about a year and it was a great time of catching up and eating ice cream sundaes.  
It was a wonderful weekend filled with blessings.  I've not had "girl" time in a while so it was very refreshing.  But, I will say that it was great to come home on Sunday evening to relax with my boys!

1 comment:

Vicki Dees said...

What a joy it was to be your Sunday School teacher, Amanda, and YOUR friend and well as your mom's friend. We do have a rich past together!

Thank you for enjoying the conference along with me.

May God continue to bless you and your family!